The Restored Order of Confirmation and First Communion Grades 3 and 4
Bishop Thomas Olmstead has led the diocese of Phoenix in moving the celebration of the sacrament of Confirmation to its restored order, before First Communion. As a result, the community of Saint Mary Magdalene offers a process to prepare students for both of these sacraments in a program that involves both the parents and community members.
Students entering the process will celebrate both Confirmation and/or Communion at the same liturgy in the spring.
- Students in any sacrament process must also be enrolled in RE.
- If this the first time for your family to go through our process, your child will be pre-registered at your RE registration. Parents then need to attend a mandatory information/registration meetings . We will be outlining the details of the preparation process and accepting registration at that time.
- Families returning to the process can register at RE registration.
- If your child has already made First Communion, they can enter the process to celebrate Confirmation only. There is no need to attend the parent meeting.
- Registration for these sacraments will take place at your RE registration. The materials fee will be collected at registration.