Porta Fidei - Adult Faith Formation
Porta Fidei was the title of Pope Benedict’s Apostolic Letter at the beginning of the Year of Faith in 2011 and finding its origin in Acts of the Apostles 14:27: “And when they arrived, they gathered the Church together and declared all that God had done with them, and how he had opened a door of faith to the Gentiles.”
In reference to the “door of faith,” Pope Benedict XVI says,
It is possible to cross that threshold when the word of God is proclaimed and the heart allows itself to be shaped by transforming grace. To enter through that door is to set out on a journey that lasts a lifetime. It begins with baptism (cf. Rom 6:4), through which we can address God as Father, and it ends with the passage through death to eternal life, fruit of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, whose will it was, by the gift of the Holy Spirit, to draw those who believe in him into his own glory.spe
The Porta Fidei program here at St. Mary Magdalene Catholic Church will answer the call by Pope Benedict XVI and our current Holy Father, Pope Francis, to evangelize and catechize the adults of our parish to help adults enter more fully through the “door of faith.”
Through a variety of programs, it is our goal to help our adult parishioners grow in their faith so that they may be missionaries to the world they encounter each day of their lives, which primarily includes their family, the “domestic church” (Lumen Gentium 11; Catechism of the Catholic Church 2204).
Saturday Morning Speaker Series
The Saturday Morning Speaker Series is an on-going formation program open to all adults of the parish. Catholic speakers from either the parish or from the Phoenix Metropolitan area present on a topic that emphasizes the teachings of the Catholic Church. The series meets most Saturday mornings throughout the year (except the summer months) and is from 9:00am – 10:15am. Coffee and donuts are often served.
Listen to the podcasts now.
Tuesday Mornings (10:00am - 12:00pm)
- Tuesday Book Study: Saint Mary Magdalene - Prophetess of Eucharistic Love
- April 10 - May 1
Saint Mary Magdalene Parish Library
Instructions to check out books from the library:
- Send your first and last name, email address (please write in body of message), and primary phone number to email@example.com
- Within 48-72 hours, you will the receive an email giving you the Password allowing you access to the library.
- When you are ready to check out your book(s), locate your name in the directory and check out your book(s) (please note: allow up to 48-72 hours for your name to be inputed into the system).
- Once you check out your book(s), you will receive an email telling you that you can pick up your books at the parish office during regular business hours. Books that are not picked up after three days will return to circulation in the parish library.