Preparing for the Sacrament of Baptism (Infant to age 6)
Please contact email@example.com for baptism information if your child is seven years of age or older.
Baptisms are held on the 2nd Sunday of each month during or after the 11:30am Mass. To scheduled a baptism, all the requirements must be received in good order at least 10 days prior to the baptism date. Please do not mail or email documents separately. All documentation must be submitted to St Mary Magdalene at the same time.
Step 1: Watch Pre-registration video.
At the end of the pre-registration video, click on the small "i" in the top right corner to submit the Baptism Registration form . Parents need to be registered parishioners for at least 90 days prior to baptism.
Step 2: Register for Baptism Preparation class.
Parents and Godparents are required to attend a Baptism Preparation class. Classes can be completed at any Catholic parish. This requirement is waived if a class has been completed in the past 3 years.
Step 3: Secure Godparent requirements.
- Godparents must complete a Godparent Affidavit form and have it signed and sealed by the parish in which they are registered.
- Godparents must provide a recently issued Baptismal Certificate with notations of all sacraments. This certificate is requested by the Godparents from the parish in which they were baptized.
The following are requirements that all Godparents must meet, in accord with Canon 872-875 of the Code of Canon Law:
- A Godparent must be a Roman Catholic who has received the three sacraments of initiation: Baptism, Confirmation, and First Holy Communion. If married, they must be validly married in the Catholic Church. If not married, they can not be cohabitating with a partner.
- Must be at least sixteen (16) years of age
- They cannot be the parents of the child
- If two (2) Godparents are chosen, there must be one (1) male and one (1) female
Step 4: Contact Baptism Coordinator at (480) 279-6737 Ext. 212 to Submit Requirements and Schedule Baptism Date
To scheduled a baptism, all preparation documentation must be received in good order at least 10 days prior to the baptism date. Please do not mail or email requirements separately. All documentation must be submitted to St. Mary Magdalene at the same time:
- Birth Certificate for child (Copy is acceptable)
- Class Certificates for parents and Godparents (Copy is acceptable)
- Godparent Affidavit forms with parish seal (Original)
- Godparent Baptism Certificates with notations (Orginal)